LED Global LightSavers Partners Summit 13 May
- 12:00AM, 13 March 2011
- 12:00AM, 14 March 2011
- Shanghai, China
LightSavers is an international consortium of lighting users that seeks to speed up acceptance of LEDs and smart control technologies in outdoor lighting applications such as streets and parking areas. In its first phase, the initiative is undertaking a global trial of LED technologies with ten cities in the US, Canada, the UK, China, India and Australia. These involve rigorous pilot testing of LED products to determine how they perform over a year and more under local weather conditions using a common testing protocol.
Trials have already been installed in nine partner cities: Adelaide and Sydney, Australia; Guiyang, Tianjin, and Yangzhou, China; Hong Kong; New York, US; Kolkata, India; London, UK; and Toronto, Canada. Additional trials will begin early in 2011 in Mumbai, India.
In order to build the consortium partners’ knowledge of the LED market and technical performance—and to enhance their capacity to bring the technology to scale in their cities—The Climate Group is organizing the LED Global Partners Summit to be held in conjunction with the Green Lighting Shanghai 2011 event scheduled in Shanghai, China, May 11 – 13, 2011 that is organized and hosted by the China Solid State Lighting Alliance.
The Summit will convene the LightSavers consortium partners worldwide, including China, as well as senior government officials from countries that are strongly supporting LED development and deployment. The key aims of the Summit are to advance acceptance and market readiness for LED and smart lighting control products in municipal applications by:
Sharing performance information from global trials:
- Identifying strategies and financial options for undertaking large scale LED replacement in street lighting and parking area projects (assuming trials demonstrate satisfactory performance).
- Exploring technology options for controlling LED streetlight and parking area deployment to permit dimming, data gathering, and remote management of lighting assets.
- Promoting dialogue among major government players on the policies needed to accelerate a market transition to LED lighting technology.
The Summit will be organized into three parts:
1. A two-day private workshop of LightSavers consortium partners to share trial results and discuss their LED scale-up strategies, with a focus on scale up strategies and financing options;
2. Attendance at public sessions at the Green Light Shanghai 2011 event, including: (a) an international half-day forum of LED government agencies attending the Green Lighting Shanghai 2011 event to share information on their LED roadmaps and policies, and (b) an afternoon session on smart controls and street and area lighting;
3. A one-day field trip to Yangzhou, a LightSavers partners, to visit a large LED streetlight installation and learn about Jiangsu’s Province’s LED policy, promotional, and industrial strategies.
In sum, the LightSavers Global Partners Summit will assemble the world’s leading municipal, state/provincial/regional, national, and corporate leaders who are committed to bringing LEDs to scale. The Summit will advance international dialogue on government policies and financial solutions needed to fuel a fast growing market.
FRIDAY, MAY 13
OPTIONAL TOUR TO LED INSTALLATION IN YANGZHOU
Interested Partners will take a bus trip to Yangzhou to visit the extensive LED streetlight implementation program there, 20,000 LED lights installed, and visit the SFT Lighting factory, a leading manufacturer of LED products in China. Stay over night in Yangzhou.
SATURDAY, MAY 14
RETURN TO SHANGHAI IN EARLY MORNING
End of the LightSavers Partners Summit programme.