LightSavers Seminar on LED Lighting: Performance and Practical Tips on Application
- 12:00AM, 24 April 2012
- 12:00AM, 24 April 2012
- Auditorium, Business Environment Council, 77 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon (to be held in Cantonese language)
LED lighting - combined with smart controls - can cut energy use and carbon emissions by 50-70%. It can also reduce costs, enhance performance, minimize light pollution and make public spaces more friendly-lit at night.
But despite these potential benefits, currently LED lighting is not widely deployed due to lack of awareness, availability, accessibility, affordability and acceptance of the technology.
In this seminar, The Climate Group will share the global experience of its LightSavers program, that proves many of these limiting factors wrong.
We will also look into some key parameters that concern most users, such as: how does LED lighting perform against traditional lighting? How can I identify quality products and evaluate financial feasibility? What are the best applications for LED lighting? and What is the future of LED lighting technology?
- Users looking for practical advices on procurements and applications of LED lighting
- LED lighting practitioners looking to obtain insights from users’ perspective
9:15am – 9:30am Registration
9:30am – 9:35am Welcome and Introduction – Kalmond Ma, Deputy Director, Strategic Partnership, Greater China, The Climate Group
9:35am – 9:45am Keynote Address - TBC
SESSION ONE: LED LIGHTING – FIELD PERFORMANCE AND PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
9:45am – 10:15am LightSavers Program and Global Pilot Test Results – Margaret Lo, Senior Program Development Manager, The Climate Group
10:15am – 10:45am LED Lighting Standards & Procurement Guidelines
– C K Lam, Technical Manager, Luminaires, Commercial & Electrical, Intertek Testing Services Hong Kong Ltd.
10:45am – 11:00am Q&A
11:00am – 11:15am Tea Break
SESSION TWO: SWITCHING TO LED LIGHTING – FEASIBILITY AND PRACTICAL TIPS
11:15am – 12:15pm Experience Sharing - What Users Need to Note when Switching to LEDs
– Amen Tong, Senior Manager, Electrical and Mechanical, Technical Services, Airport Authority Hong Kong
- K L Lam, Associate Director, Facilities Management Office, The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
Raymond Chiu, Secretary General, Hong Kong Solid State Lighting Industry Consortium
- Moderated by Kalmond Ma, Deputy Director, Strategic Partnership, Greater China, The Climate Group
12:15pm – 12:40pm Financing Options and Tools for Assessing Financial Feasibility
– Margaret Lo, Senior Program Development Manager, The Climate Group
12:40pm – 12:45pm Closing Remarks – Kalmond Ma, Deputy Director, Strategic Partnership, Greater China, The Climate Group