SMART 2020 – Source-to-Socket: A Smart Grid Executive Seminar
- 12:00AM, 02 June 2010
- 12:00AM, 02 June 2010
- The Science Museum, London
This event is Invite Only.
Organized by Accenture, Current, Gridpoint, Osisoft and Ventyx, the Source-to-Socket seminar will bring together thought-leaders, innovators and senior utility players with an interest in smart grid.
The day will consist of a series of expert panel discussions, chaired by Molly Webb, Head of Strategic Engagement at The Climate Group, where lessons learned in other parts of the world will be applied to the development of the UK’s smart grid demonstration projects.
The seminar will conclude in a panel session, which will discuss how the ideal “Smart City” should be structured and implemented, and the potential opportunities, benefits and pitfalls. Participants will come away with an understanding of current regulatory issues and how they can position themselves to be a part of the UK and European Governments’ strategic move towards smart grid.
- Official website: http://www.ventyx.com/emea/smart-grid-seminar/index.asp
- Online registration: Please visit the official website to request an invitation.
- For more information, please contact Molly Webb on email@example.com
The session commences at 10 a.m. will conclude at 5 p.m.
- Smart Grid Vision for the UK and Europe
- Grid Optimization and Reliability
- Managing Distributed Renewables
- System and Data Security
- Getting the Return on Investment
- The Energy Retailing: In-Home and Electric Vehicle Energy Management in a Smart Grid
- Implementing Smart Grid - A leading stakeholder panel discussion
- Benefits Smart Metering for Demand Response based Management of Future Distribution Networks
Speakers and Partners
- Brendan Herron, Vice President of Corporate Development and Strategy, CURRENT Group
- Derek Porter, EVP Corporate Strategy, Ventyx
- Michael Hearney, Partnership and Alliances Initiatives, Gridpoint
- Molly Webb, Head of Strategic Engagement, The Climate Group
- Ray Gogel, President and COO, CURRENT Group
- Richard Smith, Senior Manager, Future Networks
- Rick Hanks, Smart Metering & Smart Grid Lead, Accenture
- Sandy Taylor, Head of Climate Change and Sustainability, Birmingham City Council
- Steve Smith, Managing Director of Markets, Ofgem
- Todd A. Pistorese, Business Development Executive, OSISoft
- DECC speaker (TBC)
Venue: The Directors Suite, The Science Museum, Exhibition Road, South Kensington, London. SW7 2DD.