The Shanghai Expo 2010
- 12:00AM, 03 May 2010
- 12:00AM, 29 July 2010
- Shanghai Expo
The Shanghai Expo 2010
3 May, 2010: EV20 Event
The Climate Group and The HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation will host an afternoon of high-level events focusing on the EV20 initiative, a global coalition of public and private leaders committed to speeding up the deployment of electric vehicles. Guests and media will be invited to the launch of new research showing the state of EV market transformation in China. In addition, participants will see some exciting, real-time developments in the future of EVs.
2:30pm: Guided tour of Monaco Pavilion and photo op. with Venturi Race Car
3:00pm: Electric Vehicle Commitments and Viability
- HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco (video address)
- Professor C Chan, Fellow of Royal Academy of Engineering and Academician of Chinese Engineering
- H.E. Bernard Fautrier, Vice President & CEO, The Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation
- Changhua Wu, Greater China Director, The Climate Group
- Plus other leading representatives of Chinese Government, the EV industry and Bain & Company
4:30pm: EV20 Private Working Meeting
6:30pm: Cocktails and Networking session
15 June, 2010: Smart Buildings Event with Landsea
This event is Invite Only.
The Climate Group, in partnership with Landsea, host an industry-focused high-level dialogue and media event focusing on green buildings in China. This event forms part of The Climate Group's series of events at the Shanghai Expo 2010.
Green buildings are a key solution to reducing energy consumption and carbon emissions. A green and environmentally friendly building offers its residents healthy living space and generates minimal environmental impact.
Industry associations, leading green real estate developers, financial institutions and academics will convene to discuss:
- China’s roadmap towards green buildings
- How to scale up the green building market in a suitable time-frame
- How the green building market will help respond to global climate change and energy security challenges in China
At this important event Landsea, a leading Chinese green property development company and a member company of The Climate Group, will also launch its Green Foundation, and announce it is joining UNEP’s global Carbon Neutrality Network.
- Ms Maryse Dondrille, Director of Alsace UBPA Case
- Dr. Steve Howard, CEO, The Climate Group
- Mr. Shigang Zhang, China Representative, UNEP
- Mr. Ming Tian, Chairman and CEO, Landsea Group
- Moderator: Ms Changhua Wu, Greater China Director, The Climate Group
- Mr. Changchun Wang, Editor-in-Chief, China Business News Daily and Website
- Mr. Cary Chan, Head, Technical Services & Sustainability, Swire Properties Ltd.
- Ms Relina Bulchandani, Director of Connected Real Estate, IBSG, Cisco
- Mr. Yuanjian Xie, Vice President, Landsea Group
16-17 June, 2010: Partnership for Urban Innovation: Global Conference 2010, Shanghai China
The Climate Group, Cisco and Metropolis are partnering on the Partnership for Urban Innovation: Global Conference on the 16-17 June, in Shanghai. The conference will highlight the importance of cities and the ICT sector in the Clean Revolution by providing a platform for the leadership of companies and cities that are innovating and showing us the future today.
Day 1: Wednesday, June 16, 2010
- Global Perspectives on the World Expo Theme: “Better City, Better Life”
- An Urban Transformation Alliance Between Public and Private Sectors – The Connected Urban Development Alliance
- Global Smart & Connected Communities
- Urban Innovation in China
- John Chambers, CEO, Cisco
- Steve Howard, CEO, The Climate Group
- High level representative of Metropolis
- Further speeches by thought leaders from cities, design and urban planning, academia and the ICT sector
Afternoon - 5 Parallel Breakout Sessions:
- Urban Design and Networked Development (Urban Land Institute and Cisco co‐chairing)
- Sustainable Cities: Challenges and Solutions (The Climate Group and Cisco co‐chairing)
- Smart and Connected Urban Mobility (Metropolis and Cisco co‐chairing)
- Economic Growth in Cities (World Bank and Cisco co‐chairing)
- The Social Life of Cities (Young foundation or Metropolis and Cisco co‐chairing)
Evening Executive Dinner
Day 2: Thursday, June 17, 2010
Cisco and Metropolis member cities will host a tour for delegates of the World Expo pavilions from Cisco, Metropolis member cities, and other leading countries and organizations worldwide. The tour will illustrate how Shanghai is becoming a leading Smart & Connected 21st-century city.