Climate Week NYC 2014
- 9:00AM, 22 September 2014
- 5:00PM, 28 September 2014
- New York City, US
Climate Week NYC is a key international platform for governments, businesses and civil society to collaborate on low carbon leadership, through a week filled with events, activities and high-profile meetings.
In 2014 Climate Week NYC is also the collaborative space for all related events in support of the UN Climate Summit, convened by Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Tuesday September 23. Together the two summits have the potential to catapult climate change back to the top of the world agenda, mobilizing leaders to act now.
Join us in NYC from September 22-28 to create a real tipping-point for transformative change.
Visit ClimateWeekNYC.org for more information or to get involved.
Co-convened by The Climate Group and CDP, the Opening Day of Climate Week NYC 2014: Toward a vibrant, global low carbon economy, will bring together CEOs from the world’s leading companies, heads of some of the world’s largest sub-national governments and civil society leaders, to provide a shared vision for a low carbon economy and the action and leadership it will require. In addition to highlighting corporate and government leadership, it will also focus on key climate themes including: finance, security, health and innovation.
You can download the Opening Day agenda here, although it is subject to change.
Since Climate Week NYC's launch in 2009 there have been over 250 events hosted by organizations, governments, companies or universities in formats such as conferences, lectures, high-profile debates, concerts, community projects, screenings, closed door meetings and art exhibitions.
Climate Week NYC affiliate events all share the same clear aim; driving climate action. If you share this goal too, then this is your chance to play a part in one of the most crucial moments in recent climate change history.
Visit ClimateWeekNYC.org to see confirmed events so far or add your own event.
- UN Secretary-General’s Climate Summit to highlight bold new approaches and actions on climate change (UN Media Advisory website)
- Government leaders to deliver national action & ambition announcements at UN Climate Summit
- 60 days to Climate Week NYC 2014: the collaborative space for UN Climate Summit events
- Obama confirms attendance at UN Climate Summit, China leadership expecte
- Religious leaders unite in support of climate action, special summit planned for Climate Week NYC
- Five events at Climate Week NYC set on accelerating a low carbon economy
- Discover how cities are preparing for climate risk at Climate Week NYC
- Climate Week NYC events to spotlight the public health impacts of climate change