WATCH LIVE: Climate Week NYC 2014 Opening Ceremony
- 22 September 2014
LONDON: See Ban Ki-moon, Secretary-General, United Nations, Jim Yong Kim, President, World Bank, Tim Cook, CEO, Apple, and other high-profile leaders speaking live from New York. Wherever you are in the world, we invite you to watch the Climate Week NYC 2014 Opening Day, from 10 am EST/3pm BST.
The Climate Group is organizing the sixth Climate Week NYC from September 22-28. This annual international platform for governments, businesses and civil society to work together on low carbon leadership and innovation, is also the collaborative space for all related events in support of the UN Climate Summit.
On September 22, the Opening Day of Climate Week NYC 2014: Toward a vibrant, global low carbon economy, co-convened with CDP, brings together CEOs from the world’s top companies, influential civil society leaders, and heads of some of the world’s largest sub-national governments. Watch the below live stream from 10 am EST.
Since Climate Week NYC's launch in 2009 there have been hundreds of events hosted by organizations, governments, companies or universities in formats such as conferences, lectures, high-profile debates, concerts, community projects, screenings, closed door meetings and art exhibitions. This year there is a record 140+ events taking place across the city.
#CWNYC social media graphics
You can follow The Climate Group's own activities at Climate Week NYC on @ClimateGroup where we will be live tweeting from our events. But you should also follow #CWNYC activities on @ClimateWeekNYC for daily news, updates from events and graphics like the below.
To share these graphics on social media, scroll through the below images and click to download.
Help us spread the word about this live stream. Copy the below tweets to share this page (along with any of the above graphics) with your networks:
- Most of the energy, tech, policy & finance solutions needed for a low carbon economy are proven and commercially viable. http://ow.ly/A3uKx #CWNYC
- Postponing the #cleanrevolution means greater disruption & cost to economies. Act NOW. #CWNYC http://ow.ly/A3uKx
- Major economies are investing in the #CleanRevolution. See who is leading the way at #CWNYC http://ow.ly/A3uKx
- Low carbon is THE growth sector. See which businesses are leading the way at #CWNYC http://ow.ly/A3uKx
- Low carbon is THE growth market. See which governments are leading the way at #CWNYC http://ow.ly/A3uKx
- Reducing emissions today makes good business sense. See who is leading the way at #CWNYC http://ow.ly/A3uKx
- The greatest threat to our planet and economies is also a massive opportunity. #CWNYC http://ow.ly/A3uKx
- Mark Kenber: Climate Week NYC will help secure critical business and government buy-in for a global climate deal next year
- Damian Ryan: 5 reasons optimism is the essential ingredient for next week's UN Climate Summit
- White House teams up with big companies to cut greenhouse gases ahead of UN Summit
- Low carbon is THE growth market if we seize it now: New Climate Economy report spells it out
- Gabi Zedlmayer, HP: The eyes of the world will be watching Climate Week NYC
- New record high CO2 pollution levels must fire up progress at global climate talks
- Sam Champion: Weather reporting to US citizens is the ONLY way to raise awareness of our changing climate
- UN releases full list of the 125 world leaders who will be attending Climate Summit
- Damian Ryan: Why the UN Climate Summit matters
- Christiana Figueres on how business and consumers can fuel climate talks
- Record 100 events now confirmed for Climate Week NYC 2014
- Pioneering coalition “We Mean Business” coalition to be launched at Climate Week NYC