About the initative
Each year states and regions from around the world disclose their climate action, targets and progress to the Climate Group and CDP. This data provides an insight into progress towards reaching the Paris Agreement and keeping the global temperature rise to well below 2°C.
The process also supports governments to better understand the risks and opportunities presented by their emissions, so they can improve their emissions reduction strategies.
The data from Annual Disclosure is at the heart of our work at the Climate Group driving our work across climate action with state and regional governments. Using insight from the process we are able to respond to demand, provide analysis and create tailored projects and knowledge sharing opportunities across the Under2 Coalition.
Read our latest report
Benefits of Annual Disclosure
Many state and regional governments have recognised that measurement, management and reporting of GHG emissions and climate change data is of growing importance.
By choosing to disclose annually, governments:
- Showcase their climate ambition in the Annual Disclosure Report and on the UNFCCC Non-state Actor Zone for Climate Action (NAZCA) platform
- Ensure their climate commitments are backed by reliable, publicly available data
- Demonstrate their climate change leadership to companies, investors, other governments and the international community
- Benchmark their climate actions against those of other disclosing governments
- Identify climate-related risks and cost saving opportunities
- Inform the Climate Group’s programmatic work and ensure that the webinars, case studies and policy groups are tailored to their needs and interests