Building on the success of the LightSavers LED trials, supported by Signify (formerly Philips Lighting), we launched the Global LED Consultation program. It aims to identify and address remaining barriers to LED adoption and help accelerate scale-up of energy efficient street lighting globally.
Although an increasing number of cities have switched to LEDs, with many early adopters reporting significant energy savings, we set out to discover why many global cities are yet to make the switch.
Because every city and region has a unique history, lighting infrastructure and available financing, we hold interviews and informal discussions with local stakeholders to find out what the regional barriers to adoption are. We then convene workshops to explore potential solutions and create a platform for stakeholders to share knowledge and best practices.
So far, we have successfully run events in the UK and Europe, US, Brazil, Dubai, India, Singapore, Hong Kong and China. And now we are planning to follow up in those regions as well as expanding into new ones.
Our latest LED Consultation Handout is now available to download:
LED Consultation Handout 2018.pdf
Size: 1.48 MB
Date added: 19/10/20
We encourage state and regional representatives, cities and utilities from around the world to contact us to participate in our LED consultations and raise issues they feel crucial for achieving a successful transition to LED lighting. We also seek existing users and early adopters to get in touch and highlight achievements and lessons learned.
If you are considering a future LED lighting upgrade, are currently involved in LED procurement, or have already made the switch, please contact us and share your experiences.
- 23 February LED street lighting toolkit training, London UK – DECC and Local Partnership
- 3 March Green Growth Forum 2016, Cardiff UK - Welsh Government and The Climate Group
- 23-24 March China Cleantech Summit 2016, Beijing – The Climate Group
- 30-31 March UNEP-U4E Expert Task force on energy efficient lighting, Paris
- 7-8 April LED Lighting financing in India – EESL and World Bank
- 11-12 May Energy Efficiency Global - Washington USA – US Utilities follow-up in planning
- 1 June Business Models for Energy Efficient Public Lighting, Sao Paulo
- 12 August Efficiency for Access Day, New Delhi
- 12 August Accelerating Adoption of off grid LED lighting, New Delhi
- 19 September RAISING THE STANDARD – A High-Level Progress Review and Call to Action on Buildings and Renovation Philips Lighting, Climate Week NYC
- 22 September Financing City Led projects in Developing Countries, Climate Week NYC
- 22 September Incentivizing adoption of LEDs by US cities and utilities Climate Week NYC
- 26 September LED city consultation at Climate Chance, Nantes
- 4-5 November International Energy Efficiency Conference - WB and EESL, New Delhi
- LED city consultation in Turkey, in planning
- LED city consultation in Philippines, in planning
- April 2 India, New Delhi, Workshop
- July 13 USA, Washington, NARUC Conference
- September 24 USA, Climate Week NYC
- September 29 London, Climate Works Conference
- November - December COP21
- December 14 Republic of Korea, UNESCAP conference
- January 23 Consultation launch at WEF, Davos
- April 28 UK, London Roundtable
- May 29 UEA Dubai Roundtable
- August 5 India, Mumbai, Workshop
- September 10 Brazil, Sao Paulo, workshop
- September 22 Climate Week NYC 2014
- November 20 Austin TX, USA, workshop
- November 25 Singapore/Malaysia
- December 11 Beijing, China
For upcoming events please go to our events page