Hosted by Mark Carney's Private Finance Hub and the UNFCCC Climate Action Champions
To deliver the Paris Agreement and achieve global net zero the whole financial system needs to transition its activities by 2050 at the latest.
Mark Carney, the UK Prime Minister's Finance Advisor for COP26 and UN Special Envoy for Climate Action and Finance – in partnership with the UNFCCC Climate Action Champions and the Race to Zero campaign (the world’s largest coalition of non-state actors committed to net zero) – are teaming-up to launch a global finance alliance for net zero.
At this 'US Climate Action Week' event, political and finance leaders will show how this new alliance will act as the global net zero strategic coordination mechanism for the whole financial sector. Ahead of the COP26 UN climate summit in Glasgow, its goal is to broaden, deepen and raise the ambition of the financial sector to achieve the Paris Agreement.
Already, a fundamental shift in capital is accelerating as the world’s largest asset owners and managers, controlling over USD$30 trillion, join the UN-backed Race to Zero campaign. But the finance gap still remains in the trillions of dollars, supply of capital to drive this transformation remains uneven across sectors, and concerted efforts are needed to translate necessary solutions into investable propositions.
Join us in this event to understand how the financial sector can come together to accelerate the transition to a net zero economy.
- Mark Carney, UK Prime Minister’s Finance Advisor for COP26 and UN Special Envoy for Climate Action and Finance
- John Kerry, US Special Presidential Envoy for Climate
- Rishi Sunak, UK Chancellor of the Exchequer
- Janet Yellen, US Secretary of the Treasury
- Mike Bloomberg, UN Secretary-General’s Special Envoy for Climate Ambition and Solutions, UN Global Ambassador for the Race to Zero and Race to Resilience Campaigns, Founder, Bloomberg LP & Bloomberg Philanthropies
- Nigel Topping, COP26 High Level Climate Action Champion
- Gonzalo Muñoz, COP25 High Level Climate Action Champion
- Inger Andersen, Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations and Executive Director of the UN Environment Programme
- Nili Gilbert, Investment Committee Chair, David Rockefeller Fund
- Amanda Blanc, CEO, Aviva
- Michelle Scrimgeour, CEO, Legal & General Investment Management
- David Blood, Senior Partner, Generation Investment Management
- Oliver Bate, Chairman of the Board of Management of Allianz SE (CEO)
- Alison Rose, CEO, NatWest
- Noel Quinn, CEO, HSBC
- Thomas Nides, MD and Vice Chairman, Morgan Stanley
- Ana Botín, Group Executive Chairman, Banco Santander, S.A