About the project
Many states, regions, cities and businesses have already recognised the benefits of the ZEVs, but now we need to urgently accelerate the transition to clean transport.
The ZEV Community enables best practice exchange between different levels of governments to support their ambitions and accelerate vertical integration of policies. By exchanging information and experiences, ZEV Community members can develop their knowledge and create the partnerships needed to succeed.
The ZEV Community is co-hosted by the Under2 Coalition and the ZEV Alliance, in partnership with C40 Cities and the U.S. Climate Alliance. All participants and members of these networks are invited to take part.
Find out more about ZEV Community by watching the video below.
Read ZEV Community articles and case studies
Why get involved
An opportunity to be a ZEV leader
Don't miss this exciting opportunity to design the future of clean transport within states and regions. Being part of the group positions participants as world leaders in ZEV adoption and offers the opportunity to demonstrate that leadership on a global scale.
Take inspiration from successful policy
Be inspired by the innovative policies that Under2 Coalition governments around the world are already taking to accelerate ZEV adoption and use those to deliver success within your jurisdiction.
A route to your ZEV commitments and beyond
Many members of the Under2 Coalition are already making ambitious commitments to transition to zero emission transportation. Being part of the ZEV Community project will help keep you on track to deliver these commitments and inspire you to go further.
Now is the time to act
The coming decade will be a defining one for the global ZEV market. Falling battery prices, increased ZEV commitments from automakers, and growing consumer acceptance may create a turning point in ZEV adoption. This means acting now can keep you ahead of the game.
Taking action on zero emissions vehicles
More coming soon...
Publications & webinars
- Building momentum on low carbon mobility with the ZEV Community
- Harnessing the power of global collaboration to drive the transition to zero emission vehicles
- New peer forum series supports governments to accelerate the zero emission vehicle transition
- Governments are using zero emission vehicles to drive a green recovery from COVID-19 (available in English and Español)
- Scotland leads the way on low carbon transport
- How zero emission vehicles can support governments to achieve a green recovery (available in English and Español)
- Incentives to accelerate the zero emission vehicle market
- ZEV charging infrastructure: six considerations for governments
ZEV Community identifies innovative policies implemented by Under2 Coalition members to accelerate the uptake of ZEVs. The case studies are available below, as well as on the Under2 Policy Action Map.
- Climate justice and equity at the core of Seattle’s transport electrification
- Companies in Québec increase EV uptake through fleet trials (available in English and Français)
- The path to zero emission trucks in California
- Santa Fe launches solar-powered buses
- States and regions commit to action through the ZEV Challenge
- Queensland's Electric Super Highway
- Baden-Württemberg connects stakeholders for e-mobility innovation
- German states pave the way for truck electrification with new eHighways
- Navarra drives electric vehicle transition with new public-private initiative
- Switched On Scotland: Phasing out the need for new petrol and diesel cars by 2032
- How California and Vermont are driving the uptake of electric cars through public-private partnerships
Webinar recordings are available on request to members of the Under2 Coalition, ZEV Alliance, C40 Cities and U.S. Climate Alliance.
- Supporting city action to encourage ZEV adoption (April 14, 2021)
- Sustainable ZEV supply chains (December 15, 2020)
- Financing the transition to ZEVs (October 8, 2020)
- The role of ZEVs and green recovery (July 21, 2020)
- The impact of COVID-19 on ZEVs (June 11, 2020)
- Electric vehicle charging infrastructure in cities (hosted by C40 and ICCT) (April 30, 2020)
- Exploring ZEV incentives (October 22, 2019)
- Developing ZEV consumer awareness campaigns (September 5, 2019)
- Procurement options for converting public fleets (July 16, 2019)
- Accelerating the transition to zero emission trucks (June 12, 2019)
- Charging infrastructure planning and emerging trends (April 30, 2019)