Could 2021 be the beginning of the end for the internal combustion engine? In a pivotal year for climate action, the tipping point for zero emission vehicles (ZEVs) is getting closer as businesses, governments, cities, states and regions around the world push forward ambitious commitments. But these pockets of leadership are not enough to win the race to zero – more needs to be done and faster.
With COP26 round the corner and clean road transport one of its key themes, this high-level plenary session will showcase the highest levels of global ambition.
The speakers for this event are:
- Björn Annwall, CFO, Volvo Cars
- Monica Araya, Drive Electric Campaigner, ClimateWorks Foundation
- Sharan Burrow, General Secretary, International Trade Union Confederation
- Robin Carnahan, Administrator, US General Services Administration
- Benoît Charette, Minister of the Environment and the Fight against Climate Change, Québec Government
- Helen Clarkson, CEO, Climate Group
- Nicolás Estupiñan, Secretary of Mobility, Bogotá Government
- Pia Heidenmark Cook, Senior Advisor, Ingka Services (IKEA)
- Angela Hultberg, Transport Lead, UN Climate Champions
- Christian Levin, CEO & President, Scania
- Brenda Mallory, Chair, US Council on Environmental Quality
- Meryam Omi, Head of Sustainability & Responsible Investment Strategy, Legal & General Investment Management
- Sandra Roling, Head of Transport, Climate Group
- Theodor Swedjemark, Chief Communications & Sustainability Officer, ABB
- Kees van der Burg, Director General of Mobility, Netherlands Government
This event will be available to view on Facebook Watch, a link will be added on the day of the event. There are also a limited number of places for executive or senior decision makers, from an influential business committed to climate action, and senior level government representatives focused on ambitious climate action and impactful climate policy on The Hub Live platform. For more information about how to apply for a place please click here.
Size: 233.96 KB
Date added: 01/09/21