Climate Group is pleased to announce its first speakers for the Under2 Coalition's General Assembly, taking place on 3 December in the margins of COP28.
The annual event will unite ambitious state and regional leaders – including governors, premiers and ministers – in Dubai to strengthen collective climate action. As well as discussing current developments, they will explore the most effective solutions in their power to shift economies and markets towards lowering emissions and adapting to a changing climate in a just and equitable way.
The speakers announced so far include:
- Helen Clarkson, CEO, Climate Group
- Ruth Boumphrey, CEO, Lloyds Register Foundation
- Nomusa Dube-Ncube, Premier, KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Government
- Irene Espinola, Net Zero Carbon Global Director, Grupo Bimbo
- Ambassador Nina Hachigian, Special Representative for City and State Diplomacy, Office of Global Partnerships, U.S. Department of State
- Mark Harvey, Founder & CEO, Resurgence
- Martin Keller, Laboratory Director and Alliance President, The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
- Kim Tae-heum, Governor of Chungcheongnam-do
From policy engagement, advocacy and projects, and through a combination of information sharing and practical action on the ground, the Under2 Coalition is the biggest and most influential international climate group for subnational governments.
This year we’re extending this spirit of collective action even further by including ambitious businesses in our discussions, to drive greater cooperation and accelerate change across sectors.
We know that there is no one-size-fits-all solution to the current climate crisis. With these critical decision-makers from government and business, we can and will identify and overcome challenges to achieving net zero by 2050 - at the latest.